Friday, November 21, 2014

Large & In Charge (OR What to Wear at 38 Weeks Pregnant)

I'm pregnant, 38 weeks today. We've been exhaustingly busy since August --Hawaii, Tennessee, Baby Classes, Getting the house in order, you get the picture-- We've somehow pushed having maternity pictures taken out to the last minute. But the day has finally come and I had no idea as to what I was going to wear. Mitch is easy; jeans, t-shirt and chucks. I, on the other hand, am the size of a VW Bug and have no budget to buy something new to wear. So what did I do....I turned on my 90's Pandora Station (the one with angry white rappers and ridiculously good looking men who wear bandaids on their face for the sake of fashion) and I spent the morning trying on every imaginable outfit combination in my closet. See below!

Find the same or similar items here: Skinny Jeans (in all photos), Aztec Dolman Sweater (3rd outfit - I got mine from Zulily but try this site for a different look!), Pink Old Navy Tank Top (not maternity!), Leather Jacket (also not maternity and bought 2-ish years ago from Express), White V-neck top.

 So, which one do you think I chose, which one do you think I should choose? Guess you'll have to wait for the big reveal!

In the past, photoshoots have been a huge deal for me, as a photographer I tend to overthink things and plan extensively and put a lot of effort into getting ready. With this I've kind of let all that slide to the last minute which means I'll be doing my own makeup and hair. I did go and get my eyebrows done because it served three purposes; 1: I needed it, badly! 2. I wasn't having my picture taken with caterpillars on my forehead! 3. I wasn't bringing a new baby into this world looking like a cavewoman! (I know, he won't care!) Here's to hoping that Mitch can make it to the shoot (he's currently an hour's drive from home) and the lighting cooperates because we have a very limited time in which to get the shoot completed! YAY!

1 comment:

  1. I think you look great in them all. Can't wait to see how cute they are.

    ReplyDelete