Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Maternity Pictures: Why I Think They Are A Must

Last week I blogged about finding an outfit, from my own closet, for a maternity shoot. Today I'll share a few of my faves from the shoot!

Love how the sun is just peeking through the trees. The best part, we're on the side of a somewhat busy road! Someone yelled "CONGRATULATIONS!" as they passed by!
I decided to wear my skinny maternity jeans, white maternity t-shirt from Target, my Express jacket and a cute scarf. Hubby had on dark wash jeans (probably from Target, we love that place), his Johnny Cash t-shirt (definitely from Target, I remember getting it for him since Johnny Cash is a fave of his), a leather jacket and his newsboy hat that has made an appearance in our pictures before! 
Engagement pictures in Knoxville, TN by Terri Rogers!

Engagement pictures in Jax Beach, FL by AMP.
As you can see, it is a well loved hat! 

Being a photographer I can't stress enough how getting in front of the lens is a necessity! I love to be in front of the camera as much as I love being behind it! I might be a touch bit vain. Trust me, there are times I hate every picture taken of me but I power through that because it's just my brain trying to bring me down. Photos of milestones are so important. Spoken word is great, written word is better, but being able to show someone the emotion that is captured during those milestones is the best. But you know what? Candid photos, random snapshots, selfies with friends (are they still called selfies? Facies? Groupies?) are also a wonderful documentation of life! They serve as a reminder to us about how we might have felt that day or they might remind us to never cut our hair again (personal experience, I'm still heartbroken). 


Another great location, we're right by downtown/historic Ocala. I liked the look of the trees and there just so happened to be a trail off the side of the road, so I took it! You have to keep your eyes peeled for great finds!

 
I implore you, even if you're a private person or aren't a fan of photos, at least have some shots of you. Shots of you alone, with your partner, with your kids (especially with your kids!) so you have those moments to hold on to. Once those moments have passed all you'll have are your memories and, hopefully, your photographs. It's nice to leave a legacy behind, one peppered with great, and not so great, photographs!

Shot in downtown/historic Ocala, FL by the ever lovely Alison Soracchi! Pretty sure this was outside a gym. I thought the heartbeat was fitting. ;)

2 comments: